After long consideration, many customers have finally bought a satisfactory fiber laser cutting machine, but various unexpected glitches will appear in the later use process. This article will take you to understand why fiber optic laser cutter is maintained.
The following are some solutions to the minor problems of using the fiber laser cutter machine.
Laser cutting machine maintenance checklist
If the fiber laser cutting machine is well maintained, the service life of the machine can be extended, thereby saving costs.
Daily inspection and maintenance of laser cut machine
- Before starting up, check whether the working pressure of auxiliary gas and cutting gas is up to standard
- Check whether the buttons such as the zero point of the X Y Z axis are normal, and also check the indicator light
- Whether the zero point of X Y Z axis, limit switch, and lock mounting screws are firm
- Is the water level of the chiller sufficient
- Is the circulating waterway of the external light path normal
- After manual cutting, check whether the focusing lens is normal
- Is the telescopic skin cavity of the external light path normal
- After the work is over, clean up the laser cutting waste
- Drain the water in the air compressor tank
- After shutting down, perform power-off processing
Daily Maintenance of Fiber Lasers
The laser is maintained before starting every day
- Check the cylinder of laser working gas
- Check that the cooling water pressure is maintained at 3.5 to 5 bar
- Check whether the cooling water temperature is the water temperature required by the laser
- Check if the oil level in the laser vacuum pump is sufficient
- Check whether the oil circuit, water circuit and air circuit of the laser are normal, whether the pneumatic components and pipe joints of the vacuum pump and resonant cavity are normal
Why the kerf of fiber laser cutter machine is too wide
With the fiber laser cutter working for a long time, the precision of the equipment will decrease, and the slit of the laser cutting machine will be too wide to meet the required accuracy for cutting.
Check whether the focal length of fiber metal laser cutter machine is correct
Manual and automatic adjustment of fiber focus.
If the lens is contaminated, it will also affect the cutting problem. Clean or replace with a new one
Laser Tube Placement
If you look at the laser spot or the spot is not round, it is the support point of the laser tube that needs to be adjusted.
How To Locate The Focus Of cnc fiber laser cutter
Laser cutting is to focus the laser beam through the focusing mirror to form a refined focus, and the high energy of the guide will melt and vaporize the steel plate to achieve cutting.
The steel plate is cut well when the focus position is accurate.
Positioning method of laser focus position:
- CNC positioning method
- Oblique focal burn
- Linear burn method
CNC positioning method
- Take a piece of white cardboard with a smooth surface, spread it on the workbench, and set the laser cutting head on the top
- The height of the focusing lens from the cardboard is 10mm smaller than the focal length of the focusing lens. Set the cutting
- The head moves along the x-axis or y-axis every 10mm, the z-axis rises 1mm at the same time as each movement, and the distance of 20 consecutive activities can be set (observe the changes of 20 holes).
- Use a laser to emit a 200W pulsed laser to remove a hole in the cardboard. Observe the change in the diameter of the hole, and find the position where the diameter of the hole is the smallest, which is the focus position.
Measuring the distance between the cardboard and the lens at this position is the actual focus position of the laser beam.
Oblique focal burn
- Place the flat wooden board obliquely on the workbench with an inclination of about 10 degrees.
- Set the cutting head at point A, the height of point A from the focusing mirror is 20mm smaller than the focal length of the focusing mirror.
- The CNC system sets the cutting head to move horizontally 230mm continuously along the x-axis or y-axis. When the movement starts, the laser outputs 200W continuous laser light. When the cutting head stops moving, the laser also stops.
There was a burn mark on the board. Take the narrowest part of the trace as the focus position.
Measuring the distance between the wooden board and the lens at this position is the actual laser beam focus position.
- Stand on a straight wooden board at an angle of 85 degrees on the cutting workbench, and raise the cutting head to a position where the focusing mirror is about 1.5 times the focal length from the workbench surface.
- Open the laser shutter, output 200W laser beam continuously, and quickly move horizontally to the board to the bottom of the focusing mirror.
- See the burn marks. Take the narrowest part of the trace as the focus position, and measure the distance from the board to the lens to be the actual focus position of the laser beam.
Relative position of laser cutting head spot and circle
- The light spot is in the upper left corner of the circle, adjust the screw on the right counterclockwise to loosen
- The light spot is at the lower left corner of the circle, tighten the left screw clockwise
- The light spot is in the lower right corner of the circle, tighten the right screw clockwise
- The light spot is in the upper right corner of the circle, loosen the left screw counterclockwise
- The light spot is directly above the circle, rotate counterclockwise to the left to loosen it, and counterclockwise to the right to loosen it
- The light spot is directly below the circle, turn left clockwise to tighten, clockwise to right to loosen
- The light spot is on the left side of the circle, clockwise to the left to tighten, counterclockwise to the right to loosen
- The light spot is on the right side of the circle, loosen it counterclockwise on the left, and tighten it on the right side clockwise